We’re looking for an exceptional Service Manager to lead our team of talented technicians.
As a Service Manager, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to maximize capacity, efficiency and profitability. You will manage staff and exceed customer expectations by accomplishing the highest quality service calls, every time.
By working closely with dispatch, you will match the right technician to every job, helping achieve the company’s financial goals.
The position will be based in our office, along with consistent ride alongs in the field.
- Integrate sales strategies to drive profitable results.
- Show technicians how to establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
- Develop a plan and execute weekly energetic and inspirational Service System trainings.
- Understand sales criteria and hold your team accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Monitor performance of field technicians and advise them on how to improve.
- Manage team schedule to meet ongoing customer demand and seasonal spikes.
- Make sure incentive programs are equitable and properly documented.
- Review and approve invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- Resolve customer complaints quickly and fairly.
- Proven track record in service, with aptitude and desire for leadership abilities
- Energetic with the ability to inspire and lead others to attain company goals.
- Good presentation skills; able to convey confident and decisive messages.
- Multi-tasker who enjoys working in the field with diverse teams on varied projects.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in self and others.
- Passionate about Beacon Home Services and loves the brand.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to motivate technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today.
- IT competent, previous experience with Service Titan is a plus! Knows how to work with technology ie: set up ipads, zoom meetings etc...
- Intermediate to strong Microsoft/Google product knowledge ie: excel, docs, etc..
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a flexible, fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is flexible and has a great attitude on life.
- Adheres to and promotes Beacon’s Company Values.
- Knowledge of EOS a proven plus!
Service Manager Key Job Duties
- Overall primary job is to coach and train technicians on the service system to maximize each tech’s potential.
- Work and communicate with manager throughout the day as needed on the good and bad of what is happening with jobs that day.
- Schedule a weekly one-on-one meeting with each service tech (consistent day/time). Each meeting should be 15 minutes long and the meeting should be targeted around the following: technician key performance indicators (kpis) and technician’s goals.
- Do a minimum of 4-5 ride-alongs each week. Complete curbside feedback form after each ride along. The tech will complete the form and service manager will complete the form and then review together (should be approximately 15 minutes). Completed curbside feedback forms should be turned in to the manager at the end of each week.
- Work with manager to schedule all service tech Nexstar trainings.
- Responsible for all technician PTO requests, disciplinary action and reviews.
- Responsible for reviewing every job/invoice in Service Titan daily. Review each invoice for spelling and job costings. When reviewing, make notes for the tech to improve upon job notes/efficiencies and use to coach the techs.
- Responsible for weekly tech training.
- Work with dispatch daily to communicate who your top techs/go-to techs are for the day so they can use information to schedule calls accordingly.
- Attend daily huddle with office staff reporting on yesterday’s numbers and developing a plan to achieve today’s revenue goals.
- Responsible for follow-up with all dissatisfied customers to correct the issue.
- Service manager will be the first point of contact for high-authority close.
- Ability to assist technicians as they run the call/do the job.